Welcome to the third instalment of The Pasta Series. The recipes in the ‘The Pasta Series’ will mainly use pantry items or easily accessible ingredients so it is easy for everyone. If you haven’t already read the other posts in this series you can find them below;
This dish was a big hit with my whole family so I hope it will be with yours. It feels so indulgent because of the cream but is balanced with the healthy addition of courgettes. This recipe is also very quick and a great weeknight meal but also feels pretty special so it would be good for dinner parties or special occasions. This dish is inspired by many carbonara/creamy pasta dishes I have found online but I have made them vegan and a more affordable.
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Linguine or Spaghetti
- 1 Lemon
- Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Mint or Basil
- Vegan Cream (Oatly or Alpro)
- Begin by grating your courgette and then squeezing out the liquid with a kitchen towel or straining cloth. Copy the process with the onion. Then chop the garlic and add to the mixture.
- Heat a pan of oil and add the chilli flakes until the smell fills the room watch not to burn it. Next add the courgette mixture and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook until the mixture goes jammy and thick (5-10 mins).
- Meanwhile cook the pasta to your preference. Leaving aside some pasta water.
- Juice the lemon into a bowl and add the nutritional yeast and teared up basil or mint leaves.
- Using tongues put the pasta into the pan with the courgette, add the pasta water, the cream and nutritional yeast mixture. Add more nutritional yeast and a little more pasta water. Stir and add water until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice to taste. Stir in the rest of the herbs.
- Plate and enjoy with some vegan cheese on top for extra cheesiness.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much I do. This is such a indulgent dinner and makes me feel so full and satisfied.
Let me know if you make it.
One thought on “The Pasta Series – Lemon and Courgette Linguine”
Comments are closed.