Think again. Salad doesn’t just have to be leaves, adding flavour and colour to salads makes for a nutritious and exciting summer dish.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Small Can of Sweetcorn
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 1 Lime
- Maple syrup
- Chilli flakes
Optional – seeds, nuts, pesto, houmous
- Cut the sweet potato and red pepper into cube/bitesize pieces. Place in a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pop in the oven for 20 mins at about 200 degrees.
- Chop up the lettuce to what works for you and set aside for the minute.
- Drain the beans and sweetcorn and heat with a little oil in a pan with chilli flakes and any other seasoning which you like, smoked paprika is a favourite of mine.
- Make the tahini dressing by mixing 1 tbsp of tahini with tsp of maple syrup and a squeeze of lime
- Then plate up, either mix all parts together or separate on your plate.
- And of course, add the avocado (how could you forget)
*tip you can batch cook this but leave the avocado until the day of eating.
Super simple ingredients you defo have in your cupboard or can find easily at a supermarket.
Show me your photos of your creations?
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato and Mexican Bean Salad”
Great post 🙂
Thank you 😀
Comments are closed.