Perfect for Valentines Day!
Who doesn’t love brownies? I love brownies but since becoming more plant-based it has been quite hard to find a good alternative. But after scouring the internet but inspirations I gave this one a go and hey presto it tastes good!
I wanted to use a recipe that didn’t include those fancy shamcy vegan ingredients that are super hard to get hold off for anyone with a normal bank balance. So everything I used in this recipe was found in Asda.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 and a half cups of smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 1tsp of coconut oil
- 50ml of dairy-free milk (soya, oat, nut)
- Maple syrup to taste
- Chocolate chips
Now the cooking part…
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mash the bananas – Add peanut butter, milk, syrup, vanilla, (melted) coconut oil
- Then add cocoa, bicarb soda and chocolate chips
- Pop into a baking tray of your choice (which you have greased with vegan butter or coconut oil – I used a heart one to make it cute
- Put in the oven for 20 mins – but check to make sure the top doesn’t catch
- When finished take out and leave to cool for at least 20 mins before you try and take it out of the tray
- Decorate with icing sugar and berries/ a raspberry reduction/ yoghurt/ ice cream
Give this to your significant other and share on Valentines as a little treat or invite you gals over for a sweet treat whilst you watch an awful chick flick!
You must be logged in to post a comment.